The Medical Education 研究 Centre aims to:
- Encourage and facilitate staff and students to conduct research;
- Disseminate research findings to the academic world and beyond (i.e. professional and general audiences)
- Build on our established track record and move forward into international forums;
- Contribute to the research environment;
- Assist members in continuing to generate income for the University through bids for project work and consultancy roles.
In April 2017, MERC organised a Medical Education 研究 Forum, a showcase of the work of staff and students.
Here are a few examples of recent and ongoing research:
- Evaluating the provision of remediation support in UK dentistry
- 研究 with and about doctors with dyslexia and the adaptive methods used in the workplace
- A structured literature review of the role of the arts in medical education (awaiting publication in Medical Education)
- Ongoing research to evaluate a GP FY1 taster scheme for The Foundation School, Health Education Wessex
502 Bad Gateway
- A review of approaches to identifying poor performance in NHS organisations for the National NHS Revalidation Support Team